1. First of all, only use a Dry Cleaning method as Wet Cleaners will damage your Leather upholstery.
2. Use a highly specialized cleaner, either you can purchase from a local Shampooer or bring it to a professional that is experienced in cleaning leathers.
3. If you want to do something different and save money at the same time you can go to Home Depot and buy saddle soap which contains Lanolin Oil, this will work exceptionally well but please make sure you test on an inconspicuous spot first before going full out as some newer Leathers are sensitive to Lanolin Oil which may cause staining. Do not apply with a brush as it will cause scratches.
4. Try “Fabuloso” which is a type of dry cleaning powder that works exceptionally well and can be purchased from your local grocery or department store. It’s non-toxic and does not contain any solvents… but again, test on an inconspicuous spot first before going full out…
5. For Dark Colored Leather upholstery we also recommend the use of our PREP product to *help* prepare leather fibers so liquids can absorb easier and deeper into the seat cushion, etc., thus drying faster as well as causing these liquids to evaporate sooner (less chance for stains to set).
6. If you feel that your Leather upholstery needs a “deep cleaning” then bring it to the professionals leather upholstery cleaners that are experienced in leather upholstery care.
7. If your Leather is very dirty, just like dry-cleaning clothes, you may need to apply some kind of pre-treatment first before applying your chosen product… otherwise the dirt will attract the cleaner which will make matters worse… Follow directions on can or bottle of whatever product you choose.
8. We don’t recommend using any cleaners containing Acetone as this will damage leather fibers. Also avoid anything containing Benzene or Trichlorethane as these chemicals are very harsh and drying for leathers, they’re also known to cause respiratory problems with prolonged exposure to fumes (open windows/air conditioning).
9. We also don’t recommend using any product containing Butyl or Acetate due to the fact that it might leave a greasy surface residue on your leather upholstery.
10. And lastly, we always recommend testing your chosen cleaner/conditioner in an inconspicuous area (an inside door panel, under seat cushion etc.) before applying to whole vehicle. If you’re satisfied with the results… Go Ahead and treat entire car!
Hire Leather Upholstery Cleaning Service
When it comes to upholstery in your home, one of the biggest concerns is how you can protect this expensive item. Often times, when people are deciding what material they want their fabric to be created out of, many decide on Home leather due to its durability and easy maintenance. Leather upholstery is extremely resistant against liquids, stains, punctures and tears. However, accidents do happen and often times bodily fluids such as blood or saliva can ruin your favorite couch. The good news is that by hiring a professional upholstery cleaning service such as Sheer Upholstery Cleaning Brisbane you can get rid of those unsightly spots and make sure nobody ever knows about them!